- Package Details
Rara Lake (2980m) is the focal point of Rara Lake National Park and is a good Destination for a trek in western Nepal.
The route is very much ‘off the beaten track’ and affords glimpses of cultures and scenery very different from that in the rest off Nepal. Rara is a clear, high altitude lake ringed with pine, spruce and juniper forests and snow capped Himalayan peaks. In winter there is often snow on the ridges surrounding the lake. Other than the army personnel assigned to the park, nobody lives at the lake as the government resettled the people of Rara and Chapra villages when the area was declared a national park.
The trek to Rara is strenuous and tends to be expensive. Food and labour are scarce and therefore overpriced in this part of Nepal. However, this trekking circuit to the largest lake of Nepal is a great choice.
Day 1:Arrive in Kathmandu Airport.
Day 2: Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley.
Day 3:Kathmandu to Nepalgunj by bus.
Day 4: Flight from Nepalgunj to Jumla followed by trek to Chere. 9.3km (2990m).
Day 5: Chere to Bhulbhule. 17.2km (3130m).
Day 6: Bhulbhule to Rara Lake. 19.5km (2980m).
Day 7: Trek around Rara Lake. 17.0km (2980m).
Day 8: Rara Lake to Ojharpatha. 18.2km (3070m).
Day 9: Okharpatha to Chalchaur. 11.6km (2890m).
Day 10: Chalchaur to Jumla Airport. 17.2km (2380m).
Day 11: Flight from Jumla Airport to Nepalgun, followed by bus or flight to Kathmandu.
Day 12: Transfer to International Airport.
Minimum 2 and maximum 12.
Difficulties: Grade 2. Heavy snowfall from the end of November.
Equipment: The route leads through some villages but there are practically no possibilities for food supply.
Best time: April to until October. In the summer months there is rain.
To quote you with an exact price we need number of persons in your group and also mode of transportation(by plane or by bus).Please contact us with these details and any other inquiries regarding this trip then we get back to you on the cost.
- Arrival & Departure International Airport transfer in Kathmandu by Private CAR/ VAN
- Hotel in Kathmandu on Twin sharing basis with Daily breakfast- 3 Night
- All meals and overnight accommodation during on trek
- Experienced, Professional & Trained guide with meals, lodge, gears, Insurance and wages
- Experienced, Professional & Strong Porter with meals, lodge, gears, Insurance and wages
- Trek permits, TIMS card and required trek documents
- Kathmandu - Nepalgunj by bus
- Nepalgunj to Kathmandu by bus
- Agency service charge and Government taxes.
- Nepal Visa fee
- Travel and Emergency Helicopter Evacuation Insurance
- Meals( Lunch & Dinner) during Kathmandu
- Any types of bottled or Alcoholic drinks
- laundry or personal expenses
- Flight fair from Jumla - Nepalgunj -Jumla
- Unforeseen cost due to landslide, sick, flight delayed, bad weather, Helicopter Evacuation etc
- Tips for guide and porter( Highly expected)
- Hot Shower, Camera/ mobile battery charges.